Sunday, December 7, 2008

Goooooo CATS!

We moved to Tucson, AZ when I was 9 years old. As I grew up, my love and devotion the University of Arizona grew as well. While I didn't attend the U of A, I am a Wildcat through and through and I bleed red and blue. And, as my love for the "U" grew, so did my disdain for the ASU Sun Devils....ahem...I mean "Scum" Devils.

The U of A and ASU rivlary is the thing legends are made of (read: UGA and the Gators). Their football teams meet each year in what is commonly referred to as "The Duel in the Desert". This year it was held at the U of A. I'm a firm believer in the "start 'em young, raise 'em right" method of child rearing, so I bought tickets and took my daughter to see our Cats play. My friend Nicole came along. She'll be graduating in May from ASU.

After a two hour drive from Phoenix, and a stop at Eegee's (y'all from Tucson know what I mean!), we were at Wildcat Stadium cheering on our beloved Wildcats. It was a great game! There was a little guy behind us that must have been 5. He would chant, "U - of- A! U - of - A!" and knew all the words to 'Bear Down Arizona'. He was fabulous!

The second half was so exciting! We had a effing fantastic interception and punt return that resulted in two more touchdowns. Which lead our Cats to a 31 - 10 victory over ASU. Or should I say, AS-Who?

To my team and my fellow fans - Goooooooo CATS!

http://www.arizonaathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/120608aab.html



No comments: