Sunday, April 13, 2008

College Scholarships

I didn't go to college. Well, technically I went to a community college for three weeks, but that's a whoollleee nutha story. Anyway, I've begun to research scholarships and grants for my daughter. College isn't that far off for her and I need to get my ass in gear.

I recently found scholarships.com. Myyyy do they have a lot to say. They peaked my interest when they promised they could find just the right scholarship for me and/or my offspring. And they could do all of this if I would take just two minutes of my time and answer their brief questionnaire.

Oh goody!

So, I began answering the questionnaire on my daughter's behalf. At first I was hit with the standard questions: Which colleges are you considering? What field of study? Other interests? Your general bullshit.

Then the really interesting questions started coming in...

Are you a Fat Acceptance supporter?

Duck Calling?

Tall People?

Oh, if only these were fill-in-the-blank answers!

Why yes! I do support tall fat people who can make duck calls! Sign me up for Underwater Basket Weaving 101!!

Now, I know the questions were ambiguous and had to cover a wide range of people searching for a way to pay for their higher education, blah, blah, blah.

But when you're searching for scholarships the last thing you expect to be hit with is a question about your duck calling skills. (mine are fabulous!)

No comments: