Saturday, August 18, 2007

Lately...

I haven't been up to much lately.

I was horribly depressed for a few years and have just recently decided to drive my own life instead of being a passenger. I'm surrounded by a lot of people who love me so my only option is to succeed.

I wish I could say that I'm wildly in love with my soul mate. But the truth of the matter is I don't date much. Not that I don't want to, I'm just incredibly picky and have no tolerance for games or idiots. That significantly decreases the pool of which I have to pick from. I'm really not all that worried about it, either. Prince Charming will come along someday and I'll be right there ready to rescue him.

My daughter is doing well. She loves school and is looking forward to getting her license. She has some good friends and I pray she's as blessed as I am and their friendships will last beyond high school. She has a friend named Taylor who reminds me of my friend Brenda. Everyone should have a Bren in their life.

Work is good. I adore my boss and she is one of my biggest supporters. I haven't been there for a year yet and by some miracle have made some very close friends. I told my friend Sharra that for my birthday I wanted a Fireman-Baseball Player-Cowboy-Policeman-Chef. I told her (in my own words), "Make it happen!" Y'all know how bossy I can be. Well, she did. During my weekly team meeting, in walked two of the IT guys. One was holding a laptop that was playing some music and the other one had written me a birthday rap and was rappin'. One by one, in walked a Fireman, Policeman, Cowboy, Baseball Player, Chef. She had somehow convinced some of our V.P.'s to dress up and be my "Mega Man" for my birthday. The chef was one of the owners, he brought in my favorite...a key lime cheesecake. My cube was silly with confetti, flowers and balloons. It was the greatest birthday and I felt so loved. All I can say is Sharra had better watch out....




Family is doing great! My mom just go remarried in July and my neice just took her first steps. My baby sister and nephew are beautiful and I wished they lived closer so I could see them more often. Maybe I just need to make more of an effort to go see them. I love them to all my heart! My Dad moved to MT and seems very happy to be back in his hometown. I'm happy for him, I think it's good for him to be in the mountains, they're very much a part of him.

Let's see...I've covered work, family, kid, love life. What's left?

Friends...I have the best friends in the whole whirrled! My life is just silly with good girlfriends and even a couple of ex-boyfriends. My buddies are generous, caring, silly, crazy, sentimental and neener, neener....they're all mine.

Love ya, mean it! Seriously...I love y'all like a fat kid loves cake.

No comments: