Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I'm Sorry

I'd like to offer my humblist apologies to the following people:

Carla. I'm sorry. I'm sorry for being a brat towards you when we were five. I'm sorry I joined the "cool" kids and made fun of you because you picked your nose and peed on one of the swings. I'm sorry for being your friend and then taking it away so I would be liked by all the "cool" kids. I'm sorry for feeling pity for you because your hair looked like it had been cut by Edward Scissorhands (and not in the good way). I remember seeing you all by yourself on the playground. I'm sorry I made you feel alone. I'm sorry that it took me becoming an adult before I realized that there may have been circumstances in your life that I couldn't even have imagined. I remember you always being sweet, even when I wasn't. I pray that your life has been blessed with an abundance of friends and family who love you and see that sweet girl that I always did.

Natasha Lyons. I'm sorry I made fun of your hair and your mom. I'm sorry I once again joined in with the "cool" kids and made fun of you for having a crush on our 6th grade teacher. For what it's worth, so did I. You were just brave enough to admit it. I always thought you were so pretty. Again, all you wanted was a friend. I'm sorry if I ever made you feel sad, hurt or less than. I remember your beautiful smile and kind heart. You got both from your mom.

John McCaslin. Although what you did was pretty icky, I'm sorry for joining in with the "cool" kids (what is wrong with me!?) and taunting you. I should have realized you were going through enough without adding our cruel words to your life.

Cynthia and Melinda. I'm sorry for complaining about you to my friends. You were just excited about starting to take dance. I should have asked to help you with your dance technique instead of improving my asshole technique.

I'm certain there are a plethora of other people I have made feel horrible about themselves because I wasn't strong enough to stand up to the status quo. I know there is nothing I can do to change my past actions and words. But, for what it's worth, I am truly sorry and pray that your lives have brought you the peace you so deserve.

No comments: