Thursday, July 24, 2008

Someone call SuperNanny!

I have a new neighbor. Last Saturday a lady and her young son moved into the town home across the street from me.

Ever since moving day I am awakened at 6:30 a.m. by the shrill scream of a toddler. Even on the weekends! That's right, her little ray of sunshine is 3.

Every morning she tries to get him into the car so she can (I assume) take him to daycare so she can start her happy day.

The problem is, this kid don't wanna go. And so, he screams. Any parent of a toddler knows this scream. It's loud, long and high. The term "shrill" or "banshee" would definitely apply.

Now, I'm old. And I like my sleep. So when this old, sleepy girl is awakened by the shrill-banshee-like scream of a toddler...I want to smack the kid.

You may see me on the news in the coming weeks as the estrogen level in my bloodstream increases. I honestly don't think I'll be able to stop myself from flying out of bed, down the stairs and into the street while yelling a constant stream of obscenities, en espanol.

I swear, all that kid needs is a good swat on the butt and he wouldn't scream anymore. Because he would know that retaliation would be swift and decisive.

Seriously kid....you've been warned.

No comments: