Friday, July 25, 2008

Randy Pausch

Some time ago, I was at home on a Friday night (surprise!) and found myself channel surfing. I eventually landed upon a story 20/20 was doing on a professor from Carnegie Mellon University. His name was Randy Pausch.

Professor Pausch had been invited to give a lecture as part of the university’s Last Lecture Series. The ironic part is, he had just been diagnosed with terminal pancreatic cancer. And even though he was looking death straight in the face, he gave one of the best lectures I have ever seen. Full of hope, humor, intelligence and candor. I was so touched by this man and his lecture. I just couldn't believe that someone like this existed!

His lecture was turned into a book and you can watch the full lecture on YouTube. If you haven’t seen or read his lecture, do it. You will be a better person for it. I mean, really…how often do you get to listen to an angel spread a message about hope, love and humanity?

Sadly, Randy Pausch passed away early this morning. My heart, thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

From MSNBC...

'Last lecture' professor dies of cancer Randy Pausch, a former Carnegie Mellon University computer scientist whose "last lecture" about facing terminal cancer became an international sensation, died Friday. He was 47.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25848017/from/ET/

http://www.cmu.edu/randyslecture/

No comments: