Sunday, December 30, 2007

A Year in Review

While I could list everything significant that happened to me this year, instead I'm going to give the Reader's Digest condensed version.

I've had some shake-you-to-the-core things happen this year. Mostly by my own doing. I refuse to look at these events as something bad. Everything happens for a reason, right? I believe this is where faith comes in. Instead, I'm going to look at them as lessons I needed to learn. And I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to learn from them.

I don't believe in New Year's resolutions. I feel they are lofty goals that are set at the begining of the year that most people fail in achieving. However, I do believe in resolutions when they impart change. And my resolve to make changes for my life is absolute.

I no longer wish to be the person I have become. I don't want to make a resolution to change and hope that I can make it last. I am going to make a lifestyle change and make it last. Quite frankly, I believe that I'm stubborn enough to do it.

Even if I'm not, I'm am surrounded by more than my fair share of family and friends who truly love me and will not let me fail (no matter how hard I try).

Considering all that is bad in the world, I'm one of the most blessed people drawing breath.

I have a job.

I have a roof over my head.

I have a daughter that is a constant source of joy.

I have family and friends who love me.

I'm healthy.

What on Earth could I possibly have to complain about? While I don't have a huge house or inflated bank account, I am truly rich in its most humble definition.

I wish everyone who reads this to have a healthy, safe and prosperous 2008.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sharmian, a person who is stubborn enough to make butter balls can indeed change her life. I have confidence in you.