Sunday, December 16, 2007

Paula Deen Groupies

Apparently there are some Paula Deen groupies in Scottsdale. I never thought I would ever see/meet someone that loves butter as much as Paula does. OH, how wrong I was.

I was driving home the other night and noticed that the SUV in front of me had a personalized license plate. This is not something uncommon in Scottsdale. Since moving here four years ago, I have seen more personalized plates than should be allowed. Seriously, it's completely out of control. But, whatever. Apparetnly, Scottsdale needs the money. How else do you explain all the photo radar cameras?

Anyway...I didn't have my camera with me and had to take the picture with my phone. And it sucked. So, I'll just tell you...the license plate read, "BUTTRR".

Cute, right? I bet these people TiVO each episode of Paula's show and try to work in "Y'all" or "Best Dishes" into their daily vernacular.

I thought this was the end of seeing some funky butter lovin'. But, no. I was wrong...AGAIN!

Two days later I was behind yet another SUV. This time the license plate read, "BTRNUT" (butter nut).

Then I got to wondering....

Do Paula Deen groupies each have their own nickname? (ButterNut, Butter Ball, etc.)

Is there a secret handshake?

Is Scottsdale, Arizona thier headquarters?

Do they worship the Land O Lakes?

I'd be kind of afraid if I had groupies. They'd most likely be all hopped up on goofballs or something.

No comments: