Thursday, April 26, 2007

Giving back the good

Do you remember when you were little, finding a penny on the ground and saying, "See a penny, pick it up, and all day long, you'll have good luck!"?

I thought about this last night when I bought dinner and got two pennies back with my change.
As I walked out of the store, it dawned on me that when I would find a penny and recite the little song, my good luck came from someone else's misfortune.

I decided to give the good back.

I dropped my pennies on the ground for someone else to find so they could have a good day.
I did for no other reason than, I had a good day and I wanted to pass it on.

"Pass it on"...yet something else from childhood.

Pass it on, Pay it Forward, Random Act of Kindness...whatever....

I hope y'all find a penny today and that it brings you luck.

No comments: