Thursday, April 26, 2007

Oh, Goody! Valentine's Day!

I loved Valentine's Day when I was little. I loved picking out my box of Valentine's, deciding who gets which one (because God forbid someone "grody" got a good one), handing them out and, of course...the Valentine's party. Cookies, candy and the little message hearts. Wheeeeee!
Now it just irritates the hell outta me.

Especially the ads on television. "If you really love her, you'll buy her this $6,000 ring". Ummm, if he really loved me he would just, oh I don't know...tell me and not buy something that is just going to put us more into debt.

They should just change the ads to "Nothing says 'I love you' like being in debt up to your eyeballs!"

Why don't they have ads that say, "If you really loved him, you'll buy him this rachet set."

All the pressure is put on the boys to show us girls how much they like us. We get off totally easy. I know some women who will throw an ungodly fit if they don't get jewlery, dinner and flowers on February 14th. Why? I think they must be idiots.

Here's how I see it: Valentine's Day is just another day. And we all get so caught up in doing something special on that day. Why not all year long? Jewlery will loose its luster, dinner will only last an hour and flowers die.

I'd rather have something that lasts a lifetime.

No comments: